***UPDATE*** As of May 27, 2010
For the top fundraiser in each IronMan event, Janus will contribute an additional $10,000 to help support the chosen charity. For second place, $8,000; third place, $6,000; fourth place $4,000; fifth place, $2,000.
There are 53 athletes fundraising for charity, competing in the Louisville IronMan event.
1. $9,322 (Down’s Syndrome) / Christian Maniscalco
2. $7,243 (Our Children’s Academy) / Ed Pines
3. $6,943 (Pathways to Care) / John Barrett
4. $4,569 (Children’s Heart Foundation) / Paige Battcher
5. $2,610 (Lou Gherig’s Disease) / Angie Crawford
Although a fourth place finish is honorable, my competitive side says we can do better! Please help support my effort by donating to the Children’s Heart Foundation. Your dollars will help create the kind of medical advances that give children born with heart defects (the number one most prevalent birth defect), including my younger sister, a fighting chance!